Leftover Turkey/Carcass Ideas?

Matthew

TVWBB Pro
Make a Gumbo... Boiled the Carcass and seasoned it.. Sautéed the Veggies (Peppers - Onions - Celery) and garlic and some Oil... Threw in the Turkey, added some Kielbasa and some rib tips... Added some crushed tomatoes and more seasonings... Cooked that for an hour, and added to the Stock... Threw in some Rice and goodness appeared... Great lunch supper and REPEAT....

Sounds good. I love me some turkey soup.

Make a Gumbo... Boiled the Carcass and seasoned it.. Sautéed the Veggies (Peppers - Onions - Celery) and garlic and some Oil... Threw in the Turkey, added some Kielbasa and some rib tips... Added some crushed tomatoes and more seasonings... Cooked that for an hour, and added to the Stock... Threw in some Rice and goodness appeared... Great lunch supper and REPEAT....

I don't measure much when making roasted turkey stock as the recipe depends on the amount of bones I have around.

Break up the carcass and any bones worth using and place them on a baking sheet with a few coarsely chopped carrots and parsnips, a quartered onion, and a broken up, unpeeled head of garlic. Toss with a trickle of oil. Roast in the oven at around 425f for roughly 45 minutes until the bones are mohogany brown and the veg is starting to brown as well. Add the roasted bits to a pot with 1.5-2 gallons of water, a few stalks of celery, some peppercorns, half a bunch of parsley, a handful of thyme sprigs, 2-3 bay leaves, and whatever other herbs you feel like throwing in. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 2-3 hours. This will give you an amazing brown stock that will rival most beef stocks.

I don't measure much when making roasted turkey stock as the recipe depends on the amount of bones I have around.

Break up the carcass and any bones worth using and place them on a baking sheet with a few coarsely chopped carrots and parsnips, a quartered onion, and a broken up, unpeeled head of garlic. Toss with a trickle of oil. Roast in the oven at around 425f for roughly 45 minutes until the bones are mohogany brown and the veg is starting to brown as well. Add the roasted bits to a pot with 1.5-2 gallons of water, a few stalks of celery, some peppercorns, half a bunch of parsley, a handful of thyme sprigs, 2-3 bay leaves, and whatever other herbs you feel like throwing in. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 2-3 hours. This will give you an amazing brown stock that will rival most beef stocks.

Nailed it!

Back