Beef Chuck Short Ribs

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Picked up some nice looking BCSR from Costco for dinner and tried it a new way for me tonight.

DSC_1558_zps1551491a.jpg

Seasoned them with Three Little Pigs Cherry after trimming the silver skin and some fat

DSC_1560_zps402457a9.jpg

Got the Bullet ready with some hickory buried in the Stubbs

DSC_1557_zps9c74e3b2.jpg

On for about two hours at 225 - 235 , basted with Apple Juice and Dr.Pepper a few times

DSC_1561_zpsd747a5b1.jpg

I ever tell you guys how much I like this WSM

DSC_1563_zpsa5a67fda.jpg

Tried something new put sliced onions soaked in the baste on the meat for awhile

DSC_1565_zps6a0b245d.jpg

Made a tray with some apple juice Jack Daniels Bourbon and Brown Sugar sauce, jalapenos, green pepper and some more onion

DSC_1566_zpsc02820ce.jpg

Meat on the tray with now smoked onion top, foiled and on the WSM till tooth pick done

DSC_1569_zps730b752d.jpg

Fabulous Beer tonight, a creamy smooth Lager which is Poland's number one beer

DSC_1570_zpsdc7b882e.jpg

Last edited:
Bill what a great looking meal! Only thing I could see wrong was the Jack Bourbon...WoodFords :)

Jeff it was about 6 hours total, start of the coals time, probably 5.5 total with meat on, the last hour I opened up the vents and let the Bullet get up to 300 as we were all waiting to eat. As soon as toothpick went right in it was done

Last edited:
Nice Bill...where the beef ribs tender? I have these same things from Costco in the deep freeze and been struggling with what to do with them!!

Like your method!!

They were pretty good Morgan, tooth pick slid right in, they had a little chew and a great taste. I think next time I am going to go a little less time with the smoke. I think I was a little over two hours maybe 2.5 in the smoke. I am going to foil them next time as soon as I see a decent bark and not go by time. So much surface area so I think that would be better.

Back