BEARS win!!! Homemade Italiansausage and some pork tenderloin on the OTS

KevinT

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

Some of you have seen my Bears cooks at my neighbor's house when it was warm. Today it was 15F with a 2F windhill but we decided to grill.

My first attempt at homemade italian and my buddy Streve did some AWESOME pork tederloins. Others brought habanero turkey chili and some great wings from my neighbor's gasser...

IT WAS COLD!!!

Some went to the freezer

Sausage was a little dry.....more pork fat next time

Tenderloin was awesome

Me watching the grill

Thanks for looking...brisket and butt next week.......

Excellent looking sausage and cook Kevin! Bears look pretty darn good and Cutler shook off the rust in the second half.

Paul.....Whatever keeps you warm when it's cold! And they define my interests well....

I would not recommend the stuffer. Just picked it up off ebay and it broke first time out. Jerry-rigged it to get it to work. Got a full refund fom ebay seller as they don't make replacement parts and they didn't want it shipped back due to cost... Had a grinder that has been in the family for 50+ years so did the sausage for the cost of meat/spices and casings... it was a fun first effort but if I continue I would look at an electric grinder/stuffer for bigger batches. I only made 5lbs.

Bob and Pete,

The Cutler-McCown debate rages on here in Chicago as can you imagine. I think I will keep eating BBQ and keep out of it :)

Thanks for the nice comments on the cook. It was really a blast.

Nice cook. Sausage looks good. BEARs WIN!!! Wasn't pretty, but a win! Won't go far into the playoffs with Cutlers performance. Never places the ball where it needs to be. Makes the receivers work for it and thus every pass is in jeopardy of turning into an INT. QBs shouldn't lose there jobs on the IR list, but come on. McCown is on a roll and with the highest passer rating up till yesterday in the league, it's hard to see him sit.

Boy do those pictures bring back memories, I grew up in the burbs of Chicago. Franklin Park was home during the 50s and early 60s and I know how cold in can get there. Hats off to you for getting out there and doing your thing in that frozen tundra. Go Bears!

IMG_20131215_124058_177_zps92503cd5.jpg

Back