New rubs first try.

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
So I tried out some new rubs last night. Was itching to throw something on the roto again, so I got a couple birds. Here's what we got:

The one on the left is an garlic and herb rub from " the olive garden". The one on the right is "Bad Byron's Jubilee sea food seasoning" on both of the chickens I mixed the rubs with olive oil, and put it under the skin on the breast. Then oiled the skin and sprinkled with the rubs.
Firing up the chimney.

Winter's here too! Had highs in the single or double digits for almost a week. About 6° now.
Birds on the spit with potatoes on the sidelines. Pecan for smoke.
Chickens resting

Well both tasted pretty good, but I would have to say the winner was...Bad Byron's Jubilee! It had a little sweetness meets spice that I like. Would love to try it on some smoked salmon. I'm a big Bad Byron's Butt Rub fan, and I think that Butt Rub is better than the Jubilee. The olive garden rub would make a great garlic bread, and still great on chicken or shrimp. Both worth a try I think. Well there you have it. Hope you found this review helpful. Thanks for looking!

Great lookin' birds, S. Could ya send me a little piece of each - so I can do the taste test? No need for ice packs!

They look great Six..... What do you think of the pecan wood? By the way it was -14 here last night... To cold for me to grill :(

They look great Six..... What do you think of the pecan wood? By the way it was -14 here last night... To cold for me to grill :(
Pecan wood is my favorite. I think it's best on pork, chicken, and salmon. And 14° shouldn't be too cold for a Minnesota boy!

Back