WSM cart...kinda

KevinT

TVWBB Member
Hi all!

Was thinking about builidng a cart and/or side tables for the WSM but realized what I really needed was just a little table top to put food, spices, plates, utensils, etc during a cook. Wanting to keep somewaht of a Weber theme, I found an old Genesis 3000 on Craigslist and decided to adapt it to my needs. Some of the wood slats were not in the best condition and took a lot of wood putty and deck stain to look good. The frame was in good condition so did not re-paint it. The side burner is like new so it stayed. Couldn't find a stain to match the orangey color of the original slats so went with a rustic red. Thinking I might remove the side burner and put a jumbo joe in its place. I plan to store my smoke wood in plastic containers on the bottom shelf.

Hope you like the pic as much as I enjoyed the little project!

Oh... I still have some good 3000 parts including a redhead lid. Cheap to a good home....

I use the side burner of my gasser to light the charcoal chimney. :)
Nice job on the cart. Looks good and will be handy to have next to the smoker.

I bought an older silver with a similar frame and decided not to restore the whole grill. I kept the frame, side tables and side burner. Your table looks great and gives me a good idea.

Nice job

Great table for all sorts of uses. And yes, keep the side burner, and like Chad, I and others use it to fire up the chimney......................d

I love this cart!!! I have alerts set on craigslist for a Weber Genesis to salvage and make into this cart. I would sell off any usable parts (lid, knobs, etc) for cheap to ensure Webers will live on forever ! I love the idea of keeping the side burner in case I need to do some cooking on a burner.

David, Rick Body, KevinT any ideas where else to buy one?

Any tips on keywords I should be adding to my list of Craigslist searches?
Genesis 3000
Weber Silver

That's a nice cart Kevin and the side burner will come in handy.

I found a dead in the water Genesis 1000 and used the frame for this. I put my smoky joe on it and use it for all kinds of other things
carts005_zps39fe886f.jpg

Also you can find these old two burner char broil everywhere and make a neat mini wsm cart.
S1030791_zpsf936dca6.jpg

Last edited:

Back