poultry seasoning
garlic
kosher salt
brown sugar
corn flakes
black pepper
half a gallon of apple juice
maple syrup

Heat a cup of apple juice, add 1/3 cup of salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of pepper, 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning, three crushed garlic cloves; mix all together, add the mix to a container (I used a Ziploc bag), add the chicken legs ( I had 12), cover the chicken with the remaining of the apple juice making sure you cover all the chicken (add if needed) and it to the fridge. I had it overnight but two or three hours could be enough.

Take a plastic bag and fill it with enough corn flakes for your chicken. With your fist smash but no pulverize the corn flakes.

Once the chicken has been brained, heat / dissolve a stick of butter with a tablespoon of maple syrup. Pull the chicken legs out of the brine, deep it in the butter mix, then throw it in the corn flake bag making sure it gets totally covered.

Cook indirect 45 to 1 hour @350 deg with the cover n. I place a pan with some of the brine solution under the chicken to catch the drippings and also as heat sink. After 20 minutes or so check and rotate any chicken if needed. Before take it out, check the temp with your thermometer (180).

Serve with any side of your choice.

I have tried the above and it was different and amazingly good. It is a variation of a recipe I did see from bbqpitboys.com

:cool:

Back