FIRST PHOTO: 14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Model 711001

Chris,

Did the dealer have a price we could convert to US dollars and get an idea of what it might cost here?

And thank you for getting the picture, we all were waiting to see what it was going to look like, just like its big brothers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the dealer have a price we could convert to US dollars and get an idea of what it might cost here?
I replied to your other post in another thread. But I'll repeat here...299 pounds is about $470 US, but Euro prices are always tons higher than US prices. Don't be scared by the Euro price. We'll just have to wait and see what US pricing will be.

Are there any actual dimensions listed or internal pictures? Interested in how it compares against the typical mini WSMs many of us have built.

this is all the detail on that web site...interestingly Weber UK say they haven't finalised their 2014 line-up yet!
with regards to prices - best price for the 18.5 WSM in the UK right now is £340 (£440 for the 22.5)

Brand new for 2014 - Pre-order now! Limited stock should be available in December

The little brother to the 47cm and 57cm, the Weber 37cm Smokey Mountain Cooker is the perfect introduction to low and slow cooking, with the same great cooking benefits of the bullet design and vertical smoking process to ensure meat stays tender and moist.
Features:
Porcelain-enamelled lid and bowl is designed to withstand the elements
Rust-proof aluminium fuel door
Thermometer
The great benefits of the bullet design and vertical smoking
Weber pan adds steam to the smoking process so meat stays moist and tender
Rust-proof aluminium vents provide perfect smoking airflow.

Last edited:
You think the lack of heat shield is because there "isn't room" or because it won't get "that hot" due to it's small stature (when compared to the 18.5" and 22.5")?

No heat shield externally, but it does have a grease tray from a smokey joe mounted under the charcoal grate.

http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?Model=711001&Sequence=14

I'm thinking that air pocket it forms between it and the bottom bowl serves the same purpose and looks better.
Maybe a design improvement that could come to the larger models?

Back