How much should I pay per pound for pork shoulder (Boston Butt)?

JeffB

TVWBB Pro
I have purchased my BB's at Sam's Club in the past, but I don't recall what I paid per lb. I want to try a new place and they are asking $1.89 per lb.

Does that sound reasonable?

What does everybody pay for their BB per lb?

Thanks! Smoke on!! :wsm:

$1.79 to $2.50 here in AZ. The $2.50 is from a local butcher (The Bull Market) that sells meat of superior quality than Costco or Sams Club. Their pork is "IBP Chairmans Reserve" and it is absolutely worth the $5 or $6 per butt difference (and I'd rather support a local owned business). I'd say $1.89 is right in line where it is normally.

Not sure if you have a Smart & Final in your area but thats where I usually get mine at a decent/low price when they have sale. About 2 weeks ago I picked up 3 shoulders between 9-10lbs each for 0.89/lb.

I got some for 1.09 lb not to long ago which is pretty good. I saw in the same store today 2.39 lb so I laughed and walked away.

Decent price if you need to buy now but around the holidays and in Feb, it will go on sale for .99 cents/pound here..

I paid around $20.00 for a 9lb boneless butt wrapped in twine. It was at an independant butcher, so I'm not really sure if that's good value or not.

All I could think about was "that much meat for $20.00???"

The Costco I went to didn't have pork shoulder, go figure.

I bought a cryopack of boneless pork butts at the Scottsdale, AZ Costco yesterday for $1.94 per lb. I wanted to get some boneless CSPRs as well, but they were $2.99 per lb! I'm going to slice up one of the butts into strips and call it good...

$1.35 boneless at the Restaurant Depot and $1.79 boneless at Costco in NVA. Both are 2 per pack and weigh between 12-18 lbs.

Back