Small score on CL - Rotisserie for my Genesis 3000

Jeff J

TVWBB Member
Got this used once Rotisserie today for $30. Very stoked to give it some use next weekend!

3rc3s73Nf5G65qf5M2d6u0bfea929d0f81316.jpg

3La3Jb3q55Nc5Ka5Hdd6ud14e657bdf1c1027.jpg

3r83N13qf5s45qb5H8d6u60fb873552791006.jpg

I bought the same one off of CL about a month or so ago for $25 NIB. I used it on my Genesis 1000 with good results. I still need to figure out how to use the balance weight on the end correctly.

Wayne

I just used my used new in box 9890. Let's just say you are gonna enjoy! Talk about moist chicken. You can buy extra forks from the mother ship for $15 .00!

I bought the same one off of CL about a month or so ago for $25 NIB. I used it on my Genesis 1000 with good results. I still need to figure out how to use the balance weight on the end correctly.

Wayne

Wayne,
I use the counterweight to do just what you said, balance the load on the motor. Your meat will always be heavier on one side than the other no matter how careful you are to center it on the spit. This causes the spit to jerk down when the heavy side comes over the top while rotating. The counterweight allows you to adjust this so that the motor can rotate smoothly and put less wear on the gearing. If you watch the rotation you can see where this happens to help decide where the weight needs to be located. The farther out you put it from the spit, the heavier the balance, so do this with larger loads.

Back