New guy on the block

klawrence

Hey everyone, my name is Kevin, and I'm new to this forum. You guys really have some great set-ups, tips, recipes posted on here, so I'm pretty excited to start pouring through these posts. I just recently picked up an older Weber Performer for $49 bucks, the type with the stainless work table and 5lb propane tank. I was debating buying either that grill new, or a Weber Smoker. Then I saw this one for sale, and thought maybe, just maybe I could pull of both. The guy didn't have the tank, and there's a little damage to the enamel on the lid. I'd like to either restore the lid, or somehow repaint it. I also need to figure out a solution to the regulator, and gas tank access. Any suggestions, links to other threads, or ideas are appreciated. I'll see if I can some pics up in the next couple of days.

Before obtaining this Weber I've been using a 13 year old charbroil that I've replaced the grates, burner, and vapor bar on twice (once when I got, and just this year). I also have an old offset that I picked up for $30, and cleaned up and modded.

Cheers-
Kevin

You'll love the Performer! Welcome Kevin. I'll give you few weeks before you purchase a WSM. That's when the "Bug" bit me :)

Welcome aboard Kevin. The Performer is a great grill. I had mine for a number of years before I got my WSM. Both have their place. You can do a lot with that Performer. Good luck.

Back