Swift Premium Ribs

Briant

TVWBB Member
Do they always come membrane off? Never purchased them before, but a friend asked me to cook them for a BBQ today and dropped them off to me. They have a Costco tag on them, if that makes a difference.

I spent a few minutes wondering why I couldn't find anything to peel back at the early hours of the morning, then just went ahead and rubbed the baby backs. Cooker is firing up now.

I've never purchased this particular brand there. The ones I normally pick up aren't labelled other than the store tag. Those have the membrane on every time.

I actually stopped getting ribs there. I don't particularly care for the third smallish rack- messes up cooking time. Plus, two racks are enough to feed my family and a guest or two. I typically wait for the Fresh Market to run their 3.99 lb sale and grab two from them.

Swift BB's from Costco usually have them off. The Swift BB's from Restaurant Depot usually have them on but their prices are almost a buck less per pound.

The top loin backs that I get from Costco (Swift) have the membrane removed. They are meatier that many other loin backs I have seen in this area.

FWIW
Dale53

I did #3 racks of St. Louis Style Swift ribs today from Price Chopper and they had the membrane still attached. I have never come across ribs with the membrane removed. Even the ones I buy from the local butcher shop still have them on.

I got loin back ribs from Costco a few weeks ago that seemed to have the membrane off. Last week we got the SLC spares and they still had the membrane on. I tried and was not able to remove the membrane from one of the racks. Then I remembered the loin backs didn't have a membrane so I assumed that the spares didn't either. It was only after the ribs came off of the smoker and I tried to eat them that I realized that the membranes were still in tact. I wasn't happy about it, but I will admit I rushed my prep so it doesn't surprise me.

Back