Sausage & Meat Curing Recipe Template w/Scaling & Calculators......

Below is a spreadsheet recipe template that I put together, I thought that some folks may find it useful.

It includes three types of scaling and additional calculators.

It's intended to be used with gram measurements only for best accuracy, especially when scaling.

An accurate gram scale should be used (preferably high resolution.)

Before starting, click “File” in the upper left and then “Save as...” (or equivalent) to name the new spreadsheet and save the original template.

The green column is the batch multiplier...change the number in the upper green box (cell G3) to take the numbers in the base recipe “Amount” column and multiple them by cell G3 to get the scaled ingredient amounts. Example multipliers, "0.5" for half a batch, "2" to double the batch, etc. etc. etc.

The yellow column is the meat weight scaler, enter the weight of meat on hand in to the upper yellow box (cell G4) to take the numbers in the base recipe “Amount” column and multiple them by cell G4 to get the scaled ingredient amounts.

There's a Baker's Percents column to the right as an additional scaling option.

The spreadsheet was created in LibreOffice Calc (*.ods) and converted to Microsoft Excel (*.xls). I don't have Microsoft Excel (I absolutely HATE Microsoft) to check for formatting errors, so some formatting errors are possible. I've included both files and screenshots to confirm the formatting.

I've also included a sample recipe in the same file to demonstrate some of the options.

Please inform me of any errors.

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Please let me know what you think.

Here's a screen shot of the template:

Here's a screenshot of the example recipe:

In the above example the the scalers are used as well as the cure calculator. The cure calculator was used to to adjust the salt in the recipe to 1.8%, the 15.66 grams of salt from the calculator was entered into the "Amount" column of the base recipe.

Click to download template in LibreOffice/OpenOffice .ods format (Recommended.)

Click to download template in Microsoft Excel .xls format.

Check, double-check and triple-check all recipes for safety and accuracy.

Have fun!

~Martin :cool:

Sausage Making Common Ingredient Volume to Gram Converter....

Because of the potential for countless variables, all weights are approximate. This is a general reference.
Enter the number of teaspoons and/or tablespoons, then press ENTER. Examples: 0,25, 0.50, 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, etc. etc. etc.
Note: Teaspoons and tablespoons are added together in the calculator, so, if you entered something like 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon (which equals 4 teaspoons total), that's exactly what is converted.
If you notice any numbers that seem to you to be WAY out of whack, please let me know.
Any and all feedback is welcome.

Screenshot with the converter set at 1 teaspoon:

Ingredient Converter in LibreOffice/OpenOffice Calc (.ods) format (Recommended)

Ingredient Converter in Microsoft Excel (.xls) format.

Have fun!

~Martin :cool:

Last edited:

Back