New Kid on the block

Wilson, it may be an older post, but I use these to hold the bottom sections together for moving

clip.jpg

clip2.jpg

I use 2 on each smoker and they hold it together great especially for transporting in my truck

BTW, welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Hello Rick, the "big box" arrived this afternoon, and is all set up, sitting in the storage room. I intend or going to Lowes and Home Depot on Monday in search of material for mods. Wheels, 2'x2' board, and a few other items. I'm in hops that I can find those Twist Latches locally, but I may have to shell out shipping to Reliable Hardware. Thanks for the heads up. I can't see my unit with anything but those latches....

http://www.reliablehardware.com/latches.aspx

Congrats on the new WSM Wilson, and good luck with it.
The latch mod is cool, but I don't move my WSMs around much, so I never considered it.

My situation as is, it's in my best interest to keep my WSM (along with my other toys) in my rear building. that means having it mobile on a platform. The twist latches would help keep it together as I move it. Loving my new toy....

I roll mine all over my patio patio, but never had a problem that recalled latching it down, the weight of it with clay pot, two grates, lid, seems to keep it all down nicely. The only reason that I might consider that is if I added a heavy side table supported by the center section making it side heavy..................d

Wilson, how are you liking the smoker. Did you purchase the latches? I am currently welding up a cart that I can move my smokers to my truck and load them up into it. My first welder and welding job, pics to follow.....

Back