Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
boneless/skinless whole chicken leg & thighs marinated and seasoned

DSCN1137.JPG

on the 26"OTG grill with apple wood for smoke

DSCN1138.JPG

DSCN1139.JPG

DSCN1140.JPG

smoked / grilled until cooked through...

DSCN1145.JPG

then dropped into a foil pan, smothered with mole sauce and covered for another 30 minutes on the Weber

DSCN1146.JPG

removed, pulled to pieces...

DSCN1153.JPG

while the coals and the grates were still hot, tortillas were warmed...

DSCN1148.JPG

...filled and served.

DSCN1149.JPG

sautéed onions, peppers, paper thin radishes & Xtra onions (raw, this time) topped the shé~cone mole

DSCN1152.JPG

this stuff! EZ to make, EZ'er to EET!
Thanks for visiting!

Looks great. Do you purchase your chicken "de-boned" or do it yourself? This is a skill everyone should have - I do not:-( If you have time or a link please share. All your cooks are amazing btw.

Looks great. Do you purchase your chicken "de-boned" or do it yourself? This is a skill everyone should have - I do not:-( If you have time or a link please share. All your cooks are amazing btw.

There's another recipe (from Kaz S) I've tried on this site called Carnival Kabobs that uses boneless thighs (they're very good). I've only seen them at one grocery store here in SLC, UT.

Let's see, first beef, then brats, then pork, and now chicken.
Can't wait to see your rattlesnake cook!

Super duper looking leg tacos Jim!

thanks people! this stuff is soo good, Bob, i think i'll repeat it tonight and tomorrow and... well....

Do you purchase your chicken "de-boned" or do it yourself?
i did buy it deboned this time, and i have done it before, but it's too easy to buy ready to go.

you have to share the receipe
Dave, no recipe to share, the boneless chicken and a box of Mole sauce ready to go, pour it over the bird • cover • cook • shred and eet:)

Terrific looking chicken tacos, Jim! I could go for a half dozen about now!!:)

Last edited:

Back