Best price on a Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
1. Being a cheap son of a gun (I prefer to think of myself as "careful with a buck";)) I have been all over the Internet looking for a "Deal" on a new Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker. Everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE I see the same price ($299.00).

2. I can buy local at the same price but must pay sales tax (6.25%). What is the consensus about ordering online from Amazon and getting an undamaged (from shipping) cooker? I have Amazon Prime so no shipping charges will apply. If I am going to have to pay full price, then I would like to get it through this web site so it can benefit from the arrangement with Amazon.

3. I get such excellent results smoking on my Weber OTG (22.5") that I am probably being ridiculous in ordering a Smokey Mountain but I have to confess, I really want one. I have been trying to be "sensible" but it looks like I am going to pull the trigger on a Smokey Mountain...

Dale53

My performer and 22.5 WSM were ordered through Amazon with no issues. You have Prime... it 's a no brainer. It will be there in two days :wsm:

amen ! i am a cheap , i mean , frugal guy my self. nothing wrong with that !

i got my WSM (18.5) thru amazon and it arrived in fine shape. go for it , brother ! :cool:

I just bought a wsm 22" from amazon. No prime but free shipping and it arrived in perfect condition.

They did get me for the sales tax though.

Well, for better or worse, I ordered my new Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker through this site's Amazon connection. I should have it by the first of the week. Hopefully, the weather will still be mild enough to do a bit of smoking...

I'm rather pumped up (kind of childish, I know, but "what can I say?";)

Thanks for the comments...

Dale53

I paid 279.00 for mine at my local TruValue store. I negotiated them down from 299.00, of course here in Virginia I had to pay 4.5% sales tax but I was still very happy.

Just got the 18 the other day from amazon, arrived in three days in perfect condition. $299

Good choice. Pay once for the best smoker available for the money that will last you a lifetime

I bought my 18.5" on Amazon a couple of years ago and it arrived in great shape. This was before they started charging sales tax in CA. If I were to buy it again, I'd buy locally because the price is a wash and I'd be able to inspect the box.

I took delivery of my new Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker this afternoon. I unpacked it and it arrived with all of the pieces and in great shape. I ordered from Amazon through this web site and paid no sales tax (Ohio is free of that unless the online place has a permanent store in the state as I understand it).

I'll put it together tomorrow and it looks like I'll be using it in a few days:wsm:.

Thanks for the help good people.
Dale53

Well, for better or worse, I ordered my new Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker through this site's Amazon connection. I should have it by the first of the week. Hopefully, the weather will still be mild enough to do a bit of smoking...

I'm rather pumped up (kind of childish, I know, but "what can I say?";)

Thanks for the comments...

Dale53

the day i opened mine i was bouncing off the walls....that kind of enthusiasm keeps you young ! have fun .post some pix. :wsm:

I get such excellent results smoking on my Weber OTG (22.5") that I am probably being ridiculous in ordering a Smokey Mountain but I have to confess, I really want one.
Robert, before buying my 18" WSM over three years ago, i was smoking on my 22" kettle for years also with great results. Then one day about two years prior, I was at a friends house while his WSM was "in action"... that sold me.
It took me about two years to finally buy the WSM and I am so glad i did.
You will find smokin' using the WSM is easier than using the kettle.
The only "flaw" i found out about the 18"WSM is: I like the 22"WSM better.

Good Luck and Good Cookin' with yours! :wsm:

Well, I've got the WSM all together (really a piece of cake - my five year old grandson could have done it) and it is ready to go. Naturally, it's going to rain the next few days but at the first decent day, I'll "make meat"...

I have to admit, all over again, Weber builds a VERY good product. I can't wait to try it out. I'll record my first cook with pictures...

Thanks for all of the encouragement, good people.

Dale53

Back