Another Mini build

Greg Powers

TVWBB Super Fan
I finally joined the mini family :cool:
miniwsm003.jpg

here is a pic of the inside after I finished a ham;
miniwsm007.jpg

The diffuser is an old 9" round cake pan my wife was willing to part with.

I formed the piece I cut out of the bottom for an over sized ash catcher, it's not pretty but it is functional:
miniwsm001.jpg

I then used the original ash catcher turned upside down with a single row of expanded metal to keep the ashes away from the air intakes. I have it burning with a load of Kingsford to see how long it will maintain the current temp without changing anything and to see if the air intakes stay open.

Greg,
Looks good. I like the added safety of the ash catcher.
How long did she hold a steady temp?
Tim

Nice looking mini Greg!
Are you using a small can as a vent cover to prevent ash build up? I noticed when I added a vent can I no longer had ash in the ash pan...so you may not necessarily need to modify the ash pan. Just a thought.
Are you going to paint it?

Greg,
How long did she hold a steady temp?
Tim
The temp started dropping after 6 hours, I shook the remaining coals and got another hour out of it.

Are you using a small can as a vent cover to prevent ash build up? I noticed when I added a vent can I no longer had ash in the ash pan...so you may not necessarily need to modify the ash pan. Just a thought.
Are you going to paint it?
I used the original ash catcher, I'll get a pic tomorrow after it's cooled. I didn't have any ash until I shook it, then I got a bunch. I think it will get painted eventually.
Thanks for the compliments, these mini's are incredible little smokers.

Last edited:
Looking good Greg.....how do you like it amd how did the ham turn out?

I am amazed at these little guys! The ham looked good but was for a friend of ours who had suffered a family loss so we didn't try it.
I see you are from Dothan, my son has done a lot of training at Ft. Rucker, he is a Blackhawk pilot.

Yes we have those helicopters buzzing all over this area.I guess Ft Rucker is the largest helicopter training facility in he world.Semper Fi to your son and be safe.

Back