22.5 WSM Upgrade Kit from Cajun Bandit

Jeff Langer

TVWBB Fan
Worth the price? I definitely want the door and plan on either buying a Maverick ET-732 or iGrill soon. I figured I would need some grommets and am planning on buying the bigger ones that they offer.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to provide some feedback!

Jeff

I like the door but...

I decided not to use grommets but cut a small gap instead. That way, I can quickly remove the lid, remove the grates with food still on them (and probes attached), reinstall the lid, do whatever I need to do on to the food, open the lid, reinstall the grates with the food on them (and probes attached), and reinstall the lid and just swipe the cables into the gap. This takes seconds. I don't have to remove or thread probes thru holes.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

That is an excellent idea! I'm assuming the lid still seals so no smoke/heat can escape through the little gap correct?:wsm:

My wife bought me the "Pimp KIt" (SS. Door, fire ring, 3/8 grommets, and the rotisserie.) I really like the SS doors from CB and have them on both my WSMs. I'm not sure if the fire ring is doing anything for me, as I don't do alot of marathon cooks were every available inch of charcoal space is coveted. It claims to prevent "Vent Jamming" but I thought Weber addressed that problem it was no longer an issue?

I just finally got around to installing the grommets and am happy with them as well. Although I like Dwain's solution.

I've used the rotissarie and it's become my favorite accessory for the smoker.

If I had to choose my favorite CB Accessores it would the door and the rotissarie.

Last edited:
I have the door from Cajun Bandit and love it! It fit out of the box. Some guys see a gap at the top of the door or a corner sticking out a little and think it is going to leak BAD but on the 22.5 the door openning at the top is round. When you put your door on you must check the fit from the inside of the center section.
I totally agree with Dwain on cutting the slot for temp probes. I used an angle grinder with a 1/8 inch steel cut off wheel. It worked perfectly and didn't chip the porcelain. Take your time and check your depth a couple times with temp probes and lid in place so you don't cut too deep. You don't have to cut as deep as you might think.

Back