FrankenWeber

Joshua_Rogers

This is a project that I have an idea about for a while. It started with an 18.5" WSM mounted on an 18.5" One-Touch Platinum. Then I decided to mount the entire assembly alongside a 22.5" Platinum (had to fabricate some mounting bracket extensions). Added the rotisserie kit to the larger kettle, to make a multi-use cooker. The next stage will be to add a 22.5" WSM to make a double-barrel cooker.

FrankenWeber.jpg

Joshua... I like your creation. I have a 22" platinum and a 22" WSM. I bought a NIB center section for a 22" WSM on CL so in effect I have two 22" WSMs. You have given me an idea of mounting one of my kettles on the Platinum cart and have two 22" WSMs side by side.

joe

Joshua,

I have the same 18.5 one touch platinum and 18.5 WSM. I have been thinking that I would like to give this a try (gives me a side table, and moves the smoker up higher, the 18.5 platinum table is shorter than my performer, perfect for this). How is the temp control using the one touch instead of the 3 daisy wheels on the bottom of the WSM? I havent used the one touch for a long smoke, I wasnt sure if temp control would be as easy to lock in. My brother is using my WSM right now, or I would give it a try ...

Temp control is good. Once I have a fire going, I close the One-Touch blades to the point that there is only a sliver of opening. In the next 30 days, I plan to add a 22.5" WSM to the opposite side, and a Guru Cyper Q to control both sides. Details/pictures will follow.

Thanks for the follow up Josh, I will have to give that a try. I look forward to seeing your pics of the updated FrankenWeber.

Back