Crown Roast of Pork

Roman

New here to the forum and first, let me please just stand up and applaud all that share the great quality of information throughout all the threads. Although not new to the weber indirect cooking method, I have learned much in a short here and will adjust my methods.

I have yet to see any mention of a crown roast of pork. I have cooked these on the weber every new years day for the last 15 years. Is there a reason why no one regularly cooks them as they do ribs and butts? The way I've done them is to generously rub fresh garlic about and then do a two sided coal indirect. With about 45 minutes left to finish, I shove an apple in the center of the crown, then stuff it with an appricot and cranberry rice stuffing, then apply a Gran Marnier, and cinnamon apricot honey glaze to finish it. When plated, the presentation is yet to be find it's match. Why not more on Crown Roasts?

Welcome Roman!

We need pics. That sounds like an outrageously good meal.

Hi Roman - Jim K is right on about needing pics of a Crown Roast of Pork as you described. It does sound interesting and not as though you would necessarily have to wait until "New Years Day" to do one and show us. Sounds really good and should be a great cook to do. Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing pics of your cook. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I have a hard time finding them except around the holidays. Costco here gets them in mid-December I think they are IBP cryovaced. Never have "crowned" them just cook it rib up in a roast holder.

Back