bear paws

M Krulee

TVWBB Member
Hi Folks - I need some advice on where I can buy a pair of bear paws (for pulling pork or other meat) in or around San Jose, CA. I'm doing about 35lbs of butt this weekend for a crowd and want to speed up the shredding time. I should have thought about this earlier - but last minute Larry doesn't work that way. So here i am Wed afternoon trying to find some locally.

Plenty of places online - but I don't really want to pay $25 for overnight shipping. Correction - I won't pay that for shipping.

mike

I quit using bear paws, now it's a big cutting board and and a very sharp meat cleaver and I just chop the heck out of them butts. (keep the fingers clear)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M Krulee:
Hi Folks - I need some advice on where I can buy a pair of bear paws (for pulling pork or other meat) in or around San Jose, CA. I'm doing about 35lbs of butt this weekend for a crowd and want to speed up the shredding time. I should have thought about this earlier - but last minute Larry doesn't work that way. So here i am Wed afternoon trying to find some locally.

Plenty of places online - but I don't really want to pay $25 for overnight shipping. Correction - I won't pay that for shipping.

mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No problem MK! Your'e in the Bay! Just go down to Eggs By the Bay In Santa Clara and talk to Smitty of Smitty's Smoke Patrol. He will hook you up. Just make sure you call ahead and check his hours first. Weekends are good. Oh, and take some extra cash because he has all the latest and greatest rubs and accessories. Please report back!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

BTW, I have a pair myself and love'em!

Thanks Don - appreciate the advice. I will give that a try.

Shaun - thanks for the lead. I thought I recall a place around here that sold BBQ stuff -but I couldn't find anything. Guess it was one of my "dumb" days. Thanks again.

Pammi bought me a pair for christmas a couple years ago. She(I) bought them from Amazon using the link on this site. Shipping wasn't but a couple dollars.

I was able to pick up a pair of these at eggs by the bay (thanks again Shaun!)- i pulled 4 butts on Sat in not much more time than it took me to pull 1 butt previously with forks! what a time saver...love these things.

yes, when I have a little time I will do another post with pics of the cook.

Back