Vintage Weber Kettle Grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katiekuntzelman

My husband and I just picked up the cutest grill! (Is "cute" allowed in reference to BBQ grills?) We have NO clue how old it is and can't find much help online to date it. I called Weber and they said that since there was not a date or a patent # listed on the lid vent there was not much they could do. I thought I would turn to the experts out there and see if anyone could help id this little baby. It is a charcoal grill in a great avocado color and in really great shape. The lid vent says "Weber-Stephen Products CO-Bar-B-Q Kettle-Patent Pending-Arlington Heights, ILL" Any light you can shed would be appreciated. Lid Grill

Katie, you can call it "cute" if you like, butt i would NOT mess around with that bomb!
PLEASE! Package that thing up V-E-R-Y Carefully and send it DIRECTLY to my home, I will then TCO it for you and nobody will get hurt!
icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, you have a very nice VERYNICE!!! early edition of Weber's Bar-B-Q Kettles... probably 35 years old if not older.
I am sure more folks with MORE knowledge will respond.
If I were you... i'd dust it off and display it in the largest room in your home
icon_biggrin.gif

Very nice find, Congratulations!

Hi Katie, nice find! I have one just like that, but it's not in as great condition. The wheels are an indication as to how old it is unless they have been changed that is. I can't see them though. My guess is if it has the small white wall on a plastic wheel 66-69 and 60-65 if they are metal with white walls. I think they changed the top damper design in 1970. Hope this helps.

sweeeet ! you will have to beg, borrow or steal two sets of wood handles for it. treat it good and it will treat you better.

The patent pending referenced on the lid vent, which relates to the coupling between the kettle leg and socket on the bottom of the bowl and eliminated the need for thumbscrews to hold the legs in place, was issued on November 10, 1970.

Your kettle was almost certainly manufactured before that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back