Rain Rain go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just had brisket and two poussin on the WSM everything was fine for the last 6 hours. Nice blue sky ...
I had this really huge brisket, so I cut it in half and rubbed one and did a 3 day no-cure pastrami on the other. Coooked for 6 hours then BLAM!!! There is over 8 inches of water in the street, looks like a lake/river ! I can see R2D2 in the back garden steaming away ... I hope he's alright.

Is this "basting", English style ?

Uh oh, chimney is leaking, better have a look

Sorry to hear that Morgan ... but the WSM should be OK. It'll take an awful lot of water to endanger your cook with the coals being elevated. Just open your lower vents some to turn up the heat a bit.

I was worried on one cook when it appeared to have rained all night but the ashes weren't even wet by the end of it. Had to open the vents a bit to maintain the lid temp I wanted.

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattJ:
Or are you cooking a possum? ok.....two possums <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ewww........I am sorry but that is just plain NASTY.

Big Al

Morgan,

Any chance you got some pics of the WSM braving the flooding rain? We'd love to see them.

Morgan, I hope the brisket turned out OK, for the very same reason I'm having a friend design an enlosure for the WSM to keep the rain and wind off him.

Well, the rain lasted about 5 minutes then it was blue sky! Doug D got it: poussin == spring chicken. (btw: Still LMAO over the getting shot with a 9mm post)
The briskets were fine, beautiful and moist, chickens were perfect too.

We don't have blind marsupial rodents here or I would throw a few possum on the Q for good measure!

Guess what's for lunch ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bren Hickey:
I'm having a friend design an enlosure for the WSM to keep the rain and wind off him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, it's called California. Where I grew up it would rain in February, we had wet and dry seasons.
I've never seen more rain days in my life
icon_smile.gif

Morgan, I'm feeling your pain. As well as most of the others on the BB that live in the "sunny south" of the US due to all the hurricanes and tropical storms that have been blowing in. Ready for all that to stop and the temps to cool off some. That will be a while here though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Morgan Sziraki:
Chris
I *was* thinking about the major storms that have seriously inconvenienced yous guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the thoughts Morgan... I wasn't implying that it's been worse here, so shut up, or anything like that. Hope you didn't take it that way. I was just meaning that many a "cook" didn't get cooked because of foul weather lately.

It's sort of like when I was doing long distance bicycling a few years back. I didn't mind riding in the rain if I was already riding, but I didn't want to start riding if it was raining.

Don't want to start a cook in the rain (unless I have people coming and can't cancel).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattJ:
Clay.........does that thing say NASA on it.
icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Mine does
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

I'm pretty sure your setup should probably be licensed by the FCC with all that radio based hardware LOL.. Nice setup. How long till you splurge for that new radio control deal that hooks up directly to the Guru...that way you can go raid the neighbors fridge for beer and still keep on eye on your WSM.

Well, everything's already registered
icon_smile.gif
..And I don't think I'll be "splurging" for the ProComm4 anytime soon...Unless something's change
icon_eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back