Stokerlog + iPad

Peter_M

TVWBB Member
Using VNC, I am able to view Stokerlog on my ipad.

Very cool. The ipad is a more convenient monitor to drag around with me. Just need to install VNC on Stokerlog workstation and on the ipad.

How does this work? I have VNC on my iPad. Do I just install on my laptop and launch on both?

Does it enable you to make changes to the temps, alarms, etc. on the iPad like on my laptop? Or just view the Stokerlog?

Thanks for any help.

Kg

You will have remote access to it as if you are on the PC so everything you can do locally, you can do remotely. So you should be able to fully control stokerlog/stoker including changing temps, alarms, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KeithG:
How does this work? I have VNC on my iPad. Do I just install on my laptop and launch on both?

Does it enable you to make changes to the temps, alarms, etc. on the iPad like on my laptop? Or just view the Stokerlog?

Thanks for any help.

Kg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, need VNC server running on the PC and a VNC client running on the ipad.

You do have full control, although I don't know if there is a way to invoke the ipad keyboard with any of the vnc clients available. You can open the windows onscreen keyboard and operate it that way.

I do end up using it mostly to monitor and mute alarms which is very easy.

A poor picture of my ipad displaying stokerlog.

Stokerlogipad.jpg

The other nice thing about using vnc is that multiple clients can access it.

I run Stokerlog on a headless home automation machine that is on 24/7. I use VNC also from my main desktop PC, which goes to sleep after a timeout period and overnight. This allows it to keep running on overnight cooks and still let's my powerful machine be able to sleep as normal.

I am using 'Splashtop' iPad and iPhone app. The iPhone app was free (as is the Streamer you load on the other machine) it also is available for Android and Palm Pre. iPad version was 80% off at $1.99. Breeze to set up!

Back