Stoker and iPad

Ian F

Hi Folks,

Just setting up a Stoker Wifi for a good friend. Ideally would like to control and monitor it via an Apple iPad however I have noticed that there is no auto refresh or audible alarms active when using the iPad when using the web server that is embedded in the Stoker WiFi unit.

Is there a trick to getting the iPad Safari web browser to refresh at regular intervals instead of doing manual refreshes?

Is there any iPad application that is worth looking at for this application? I am quite happy to keep to the simplest interface that just works and allows setup, status monitoring (without manual refresh) and functioning alarms?

Thanks and regards,

Ian

Spoke to the folks at RocksBBQ about this and they recommended that a "refresher" application be installed. You have to force the iPad browser to update the current Stoker data captured on the Stoker WiFi unit...
Just some feedback if others were wondering too.
Cheers,
Ian

StokeMaster in the aps store.
Not as refined as amir's but will work just fine if you're looking for a graph and alarm.

Thanks for that. Do you know if it constantly updates by itself or do you have to manually refresh the application?

I have found a refresher in the app store for refreshing the Stokers web interface....not tried that yet. Next weekend.

Thx for the heads up on the app.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Casten:
StokeMaster in the aps store.
Not as refined as amir's but will work just fine if you're looking for a graph and alarm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back