Lawry's Creamed Corn

Kevin K

TVWBB Fan
My favorite prime rib place of all time has put out a few of its special recipes. This creamed corn is my personal favorite side dish whenever I get a chance to eat at the restaurant. This is not the same as creamed corn in the can, but rather corn with real cream!

Lawry's Creamed Corn

1 package (22 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted and drained
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
3 tablespoons sugar
Dash white pepper
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour

In large saucepan, combine corn, cream, milk, Seasoned Salt, sugar and white pepper; mix thoroughly. Heat over medium just until warm. In small bowl, whisk together butter and flour. Slowly add to corn mixture, stirring constantly. Bring just to a boil; quickly reduce heat to low and cook 7 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

For Au Gratin, place corn in 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.

Wow, this is an oldie. One of the earliest posts on this bulletin board, from my old friend Kevin K (that would be Kawahara, not Kruger).

Thanks for bringing this one back up,
Chris

I'm not a fan of creamed corn in the can, but this sounds good.
Bryan S had a fried corn one with bacon, which I make on the grill on a CI skillet on occasion which I refer to Bacorn.
icon_smile.gif

Tim

Tried this over the weekend - very good. I added about 12 dashes of hot sauce to it after tasting it, and the hot sauce enhanced the flavors.

My wife suggested I add about 1/2 tsp vanilla extract next time (based on another recipe she has), so I will try that next time.

BTW, this keeps well and is a great "leftover" the next day. It can easily be made ahead of time for a side for a large group.

Ray

Back