Chuck Roll.........Boneless Chuck Roast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
I am planning on doing a "chuck roll" next weekend. I called the butcher up the street and asked for a chuck roll, they replied....huh? I said a chuck roll, you know........Bryan S. from the TVWBB cooks them all the time. No really I didn't say that, but they didn't know what a chuck roll was. They said they had whole boneless chuck roasts for $2.90lb and they were from 15-18lbs. Is that the same as a "chuck roll"? What about the price? Which Texas BBQ rub should I use on it, #1 or #2?

Larry,

It's on here. This is the Australian chart...But, I believe it's the same. Bryan will know for sure
icon_biggrin.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Go Skins!!!</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
... but they didn't know what a chuck roll was. They said they had whole boneless chuck roasts for $2.90lb and they were from 15-18lbs. Is that the same as a "chuck roll"? What about the price?... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup, boneless blade roast is what they call it here too. Ouch on that price though, I paid just less than that Canadian. Bryan S and others have reported $2/lb or less.

Double ouch $1.79 lb here. Larry the same thing. AKA boneless blade roast. They range in size here from 15 lbs to 35 lbs.Bryan

$2.90/lb sounds like retail for trimmed, portioned, packaged boneless blade roasts. Tell them you don't want to pay retail for a cryovac. "Just slap a price sticker on for $2/lb and it's out of your hands and out the door with me". Worked for me Larry.

Meat chart 2260 neck removed. I agree with Shawn on retail price make an offer. Larry check a BJ'S or Sams if you are a member.#1 goes great with chuckie.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

I thought it was high too after I figured if I bought a small one at 15lbs @ $2.90lb, close to $45. Ouch! I am planning on getting my membership renewed at Costco, it is expired now. Thanks for the info guys, now I know what I am looking for.

Remember Larry if you don't see any just ask. They don't always put them out at BJ'S where i get mine but they always have them in the cooler. Bryan

Will do Bryan, I can't wait to cook one of those bad boys. How long does it usually take for the Texas BBQ rub to be delivered? I ordered it Sunday, thought it would be here by now.

Larry,

BBQ rub takes 5 bidness days!
I orderded mine on Monday don't expect it till
at least thursday due to customs.
I smoked a chuck two weeks ago, it was fantastic!!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back