Hanger Steak

Steven A

TVWBB Super Fan
Bought my first hangers today. It's a 10 lb package, and has 4 large chunks of meat, untrimmed. Any suggestions on how to prepare these? They look too good to ruin!

We don't see these very often around here,but when i used the "Find" tab with keyword "hangers" got multiple pages of hits.
I think I would work with them like a beef roast...marinate with stubbs and indirect on the performer tamped down to 300-400 or so, until internal hits 120, wrap and rest.
Good luck.

Rub with olive oil then salt and pepper. Crispy on outside nice and rare on the inside and they'll be good and tender. Be careful not to overcook inside, that's when they toughen up. Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice. Marinated 2 in Stubbs and did 2 with SP. Seared over some RO lump, and then indirect unitl rare. Awesome cut of meat. I'll post pics tomorrow in the photo gallery section.yi

A restaurant served a hanger steak to me well done. It was tough and mostly inedible. I would not let one get past medium rare. Great flavorful cut if prepared right.

Back