Britu rub with Splenda a success!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom W

TVWBB Member
I just finished my ribs using splenda instead of regular sugar and I used kosher salt instead of regular salt.

These turned out to be the best ribs I have made ever!!. They turned a beautiful color and were a lot less salty. I also finished them using "A Favorite Barbeque Sauce" from Paul Kirks book that i changed to suite my tastes. The ribs were so tasty and juicy. MMmmm. I know I am going to be dreaming of them tonight. LOL. I'm lucky that there are leftovers.

I wasn't sure Splenda substituted for the sugar would work out the way it did. I am sooooo happy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sooo glad to here that I am doing the Atkins thing and Splenda is a must. I was going to experiment with it myself. Glad it worked out.

Paul

Tom, What's the ratio of Splenda to sugar? I've seen a 10 lb bag in the supermarket and wondered if it would work for barbecue. Great news as I'm also doing the carb/sugar thing.

Cliff,
I used the baker's bag(9.7 oz) not the packets. I used a ratio of 1:1. I still used the brown sugar though.
The only reason i even tried it is cause i'm a Diabetic and need to restrict my carb intake. I hope every one likes the results as much as i do.
The next thing is to try the brown sugar substitute and see how that turns out. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tom,

Yes it works rather well.

I have been cooking and baking with splenda for several months now... closing in on a year...

I have BBQed with splenda (sauce and rub).

I have used splenda in baking cakes.

I have used splenda in making crusts and pastry crusts.

I have used splenda in making fruit pies (mmm rhubarb... mmm sweet potato).

You should see how fast cobblers and pies go now when people find out is made with splenda. It is double portions.

Tom,
Thanks for the link to the brown sugar substitute.

Spyro,
I know, people don't believe it when you tell them there is no sugar in it. I have been using splenda since 2002 and I have only had one undesireable result while using it. I made some ice cream and it came out bitter tasting. Oh well you can't win them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back