BBQ Buffet from the patio.................

Glenn W

TVWBB Guru
Been doing lots of cooks for friends lately. Such nice weather for a small Q:

CSR's for us Friday night, excuse the sloppy plate(s). Was tired and had lots going on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CSR's, thighs and legs for some friends

Added some legs and a loin for us

Moved the legs to the OTG with the loin to get done a little quicker, Big WSM was winding down and the Firefox was getting is fire on!

Just so happend the little WSM was ready for some action so I obliged with a 10lb bone in shoulder.

What a weekend......whew! Thanks for coming over!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Good grief, Glenn! That's a whole lot of goodness packed into one post. Everything looks great! Awesome!!

Wow Glenn! Your cookers, and your kitchen have been getting their workouts! Great looking food!

Thanks folks,

G, I would guess mid 190's. Didn't pay attention to the thermapen when I was checking for doneness, it was super tender and the bone came out clean. I was able to catch this one as soon as it hit the tender mark and then tented for 20min before putting in the cooler for 2hrs.

That's a whole lotta cookin' goin' on there! Enough to feed a small army and it all looks GREAT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Glenn, for that plate I'd drive over! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon over, I got aplenty
icon_biggrin.gif

Glenn did you by any chance take a moment to breath? Just curious.

Everything looks great Glenn! Nice job!

Glenn,
You're going to wear your Webers out, as-if
icon_smile.gif

Lots of great looking food,
many cooks and all done well!!

You Glenn - you got it goin' on!! Everything looks abolutely great, but I'm interested in what you did with that squash - anything you want to share?

Thanks everybody for the nice words!

r benash, we cut the butternut squash in half and baked in the oven @ 350 for 1.5 hrs and added butter, s&p.

Ryan, I removed the straps and drilled a hole centered between the top and bottom grates that was just big enough for a #8 stainless steel tapered headed screw and inserted from the backside of the strap, I also counter sunk the strap so the screw head goes in about halfway. The tension from the wall and the strap keeps them tight.

See pics here: http://img100.imageshack.us/g/img00377y.jpg/

Nice mod Glenn W. Just upgraded my kettle with some CIGs, now I can re-cycle the original grate.

another thought...I wonder if putting the CIGs in the smoker would make a good heat sync, or mess up the airflow?

Nice mess of food also.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Dennis

Glenn, looks really good. Maybe it's just me , but I never cook chicken over anything. Too afraid of the potential possibilities.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wonder if putting the CIGs in the smoker would make a good heat sync, or mess up the airflow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,

I don't believe there is enough air flow in the WSM to have an affect either way. As far has a heat sink I don't think there is enough mass to make a difference.

quote:
Maybe it's just me , but I never cook chicken over anything. Too afraid of the potential possibilities

I feel the same, that's why I moved them to the OTG to finish. They where only above the CSR's for 30 min to get started and the CSR's cooked for another hour after I removed the legs. So all was safe.

Back