Store Bought Rubs

RandyP

TVWBB Member
Hi all,
I am curious what you guys use for store bought rubs. I tried the Texas BBQ Rub and it was good but I would like to try something different this time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I like John Henry's Apple Rub and his Pecan Rub. Both are great on pork.

I also use Head Country Rub. It is a really good all around rub.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">SuckleBusters Hoochie Mama rubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have been hearing about the suckle busters,I must try them.Have you tried there sauce?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
My favorites are Smoky Okies Rooster Booster and SuckleBusters Hoochie Mama rubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With names like that THEY GOTTA BE GOOD!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe S.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">SuckleBusters Hoochie Mama rubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have been hearing about the suckle busters,I must try them.Have you tried there sauce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have only tried their peach sauce and its really good on chicken.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<span class="ev_code_BROWN">love this stuff</span>. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like Stubbs products.
icon_cool.gif

I almost always make my own rubs, but when I know I'll be short on time, the wholesale butcher I buy from has several of their own rubs that are inexpensive and excellent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe S.:
So many good rubs out there to try.Here is another I have been wondering about.
http://www.bigronswebsite.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have some and like it but its not one of my favorites. I have tried both the original and Hint of Houston.

I really like the TBR.I really like the new Grand Champion.Another really good one is red eye red meat from tasty licks,awesome on burgers.

I like to use Earl Campbel Rib Rub and add a little Cherry Jello powder to it and smoke with cherry wood.

We like Cimmaron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub .... and for a little more <span class="ev_code_RED">heat</span>, Smokin Guns BBQ Rub...yummy! For Brisket...Rudy's Rub..outstanding!
icon_cool.gif
This place has the best prices & selection IMHO
icon_wink.gif

The John Henry rubs are pretty good and have a lot of variety. Personally my favorite so far is the basic Stubbs rub which has been hard to find in my area lately.

I think the thing I like about the Stubb's is that it is less granular and more powdery. It sticks really good to meats. Although salt is listed as it's first ingredient it still seems to be lower in salt then a lot of rubs.

Later,

Eric

Back