What's the Best Way to Reheat Brisket in a Crockpot

Grim

TVWBB Member
I'm bringing brisket to a Christmas party tomorrow. I did an overnight cook last night to do some advanced prep. Now I've got a nice brisket that I have to reheat in a crockpot. There's no stove or oven at work.

Should I reheat it whole or slice it at home and reheat the slices in the crockpot? Also, will it scorch in the crockpot? If this were pulled pork, I'd put some cider vinegar sauce in the pot to help keep it moist. But I'm not sure what to do with brisket.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Grim,I'd go ahead and slice it,and add some beef stock to keep it moist. I wouldn't turn it on high,just warm. Let us know how it turns out.

Will the beef stock dilute the BBQ flavor and make it just a beefy flavor?

I used a vinegar/beer mop sauce during the cook that might be a good sauce to use.

I don't know. I don't use sauces while actually cooking meats on the WSM or grill. Maybe a glaze of sauce towards the end on ribs. I was thinking just a thin layer (1/16 - 1/8th of an inch) on the bottom,before you put the slices in. If your sauce is thin,that might work also.

If the brisket was in the frig, I'd reheat it in the oven and then slice.

Just some of your "vinegar/beer mop sauce" in the bottom and the crockpot on 'Warm'.

How much sauce would depend on how much brisket. If the crockpot were full, I'd say about an 1" of sauce. Turn the brisket occasionaly with tongs.

What about putting the brisket into a vac seal bag or heavy duty freezer bag with the air pressed out as best you can then reheat in the crock pot "sous vide" style in hot water?

It won't inject any additional liquid into the brisket like reheating it in liquid, making it easier to slice the brisket instead of turning it into roast beef.

Pat

Smoking a brisket now for my neighbor's family and their Christmas dinner. After talking with him I'll vacuum pack the sliced flat in 2 or 3 bags. He'll then reheat in a simmering pot of water and put out what needs to be out.

For the point I'll make the Chili Colorado that Kevin posted and freeze in a bowl, then vacuum pack it too. Same idea to reheat.

If you don't have the vacuum sealer than freezer ziplocks will work with most air removed then put them in the crock pot on low to start and warm. Should do the trick well.

Back