Weber Wireless Thermometer Problem

Mike W.

TVWBB Member
Hi!

I have one of those Weber wireless thermometers. It's been working good for about a year, but now, all of a sudden, the thermometer does not read what it should! I just powered it up, and it instantly read 199 degrees, when it should be like 70 degrees. I let it sit for awhile, then it read 180 degrees, again, all at room temperature.

I tried to change the batteries but no luck. Anybody have the same problems?

Thanks in advance!

Ughh.....thanks. I was afraid of that. I loved that baby because you could constantly monitor it.

Once the temp probe is bad, is there any way of resurrecting it, or do you just have to buy a whole 'nother unit.

Thanks for your help.

I'll second that for Weber's customer service. As for the temp probes - they do go bad. I've gone through a couple over the years. They're not overly delicate, but do need to be handles with some case. Try to avoid submersing the probe completely in liquid and try to avoid pinching the wires.

The max temperature display is 199 C You didn't sy wether you had it set on C or F. - Try resetting both the sender unit and display by simultaneously pusshing bothe buttons with a tooth pick. If that doesn't work it is more than likely the probe as others have suggested.

Back