Quick question about keeping pork butt warm

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm going to cook an overnight pork butt tomorrow night while we're camping, to be consumed Friday evening on our anniversary, at which time some friends will be visiting us at the campground.

My question is, if I wrap it in foil after taking it off the WSM, then wrap it in a towel and put it in a cooler to keep it hot, roughly how long will it stay hot? Also, should I take it off at around 185 degrees and let it come up to pulling temperature range while it sits?

My apology for not doing research -- I know this has been talked about on the board previously, but I'm scrambling around getting stuff ready to go so I'm having to look for a quick answer.

Thanks!

Kelly

Kelly...

Let the butt come up to 200?! It will NOT rise in temp enough once pulled from the heat.

You can then store for a long time. The longest I have stored is 6 hours and it was still very hot.

Have fun!

At 200 I wrapped in a Butt inplastic film, then foil and then a towel and into the cooler. After 5 hours it was at 165 and 140 is the start of the danger zone so 6 or 7 hours should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back