Baby backs, crashers, broccoli, beans

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
I guess the name says it all. Seems a lot of folks here have been doing ribs lately and you've been killing me!
icon_wink.gif
I couldn't take the cravings anymore, so I stopped at RD this morning and picked up a 3-pack of loin backs.

Homemade rub, K Kruger style (salt-free). I've been whipping up a rub per cook, and tweaking it depending on my whim at the moment. This one has black, green, white peppercorns, coriander seed, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, ginger, ancho and cascabel pepper, paprika for color, granulated garlic and onion, a little sugar, pinch of cumin. Kosher salt goes on first, make the rub, apply rub.
IMG_2649.jpg

Just on; smoking with hickory and wild cherry. These were big loin backs. I have a 22" WSM and they barely fit.
IMG_2651.jpg

All out of bbq sauce, so time to make some more. Tomato/vinegar based with tamarind, molasses, chipotle, granny smith apple, lots of good things...
IMG_2652.jpg

Kept the WSM around 230-250F, at 4.5 hour mark they seemed tender (toothpick between the bone test). Mixed some of my sauce with honey, more molasses, a splash of pomegranate molasses (tart!), a Tsp of rub and a few pats of butter whisked in and glazed away.
IMG_2657.jpg

Plated! Made some baked black beans with cubanelle peppers and red onion. Also, roasted broccoli, and crashed potatoes with rosemary. So happy...
IMG_2660.jpg

Thanks all for looking. Cheers! - G

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seems a lot of folks here have been doing ribs lately and you've been killing me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ain't THAT a fact!!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL ribs Gar!
HoleyTomato! Sounds like ya got EVERYTHING in that sauce butt gramma's pantry!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So happy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, smilin' an' eetin' at the same time!
WONDERFUL DINNER! GREATGREAT POST!!

Beautiful looking ribs and meal Gary! Excellent pictures. I got a feeling that my WSM is going to meet some ribs this weekend..
icon_wink.gif

OK, I Quit!!! Anybody want a WSM?
icon_biggrin.gif

Those are some Throwdown Serious Ribs Gary! Thanks for sharing the nice touches you put on them.

Heck, on second thought, I may try it again.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is all in the beans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks all. John, it's here toward the bottom.

Terrific looking baby backs, crashers, broccoli, and beans Gary!

Watch for a lot of BB cooks posted here in the near future due to your fine cook and great pics
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">gosh, all those ingredients. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I get that a lot.
icon_wink.gif
Actually, I've cut back on the ingredients I use in Q.
I'm used to cooking Singaporean curries; they typically have a dozen or more ingredients in a dish -- its more of a symphonic approach rather than a few notes from a couple different spices. However, over time I've learned that restraint and focus makes for better Q.
And yes, like many here I've learned a great deal from Kevin (and my other TVWBB friends).
icon_smile.gif

Back