baked beans

I haven't tried it myself yet, but here's one recipe from the Side Dishes recipe forum.

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5290021414/m/3750004152

The recipe looks good and seems popular. There's a starting point for you at least.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benny L.:
I haven't tried it myself yet, but here's one recipe from the Side Dishes recipe forum.

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5290021414/m/3750004152

The recipe looks good and seems popular. There's a starting point for you at least.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh but I have.
icon_biggrin.gif
That's my go to bean recipe. People go bonkers over them. As you can see I made my on revisions to them.
Greg, Yes to the beans on the WSM, no reason to think that anything that can be made in a oven, with some exceptions can't be made in the WSM. Beans, Mac & Cheese, scalloped taters, Baked taters, pizza, baking bread etc... Just think of it as a charcoal fired oven. You can pick and choose if you want to add smoke or not when using it like/as an oven.
icon_wink.gif

even if you just put any baked beans in there just make sure a pork butt is on top of them! hog apple was good and planned on another, possibly Jim M.'s, real soon, there all winners im sure.

Barbie's beans in side dishes area are top shelf! Nice wood flavoring to go with a little bite of spice. Fantastic recipe!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r benash:
I imagine you end up removing a good bit of fat when cooking under butts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes Ray. I posted about that in the Barbies beans thread. My favorite is to put the beans under a brisket. Pure love going into them beans.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r benash:
I imagine you end up removing a good bit of fat when cooking under butts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes Ray. I posted about that in the Barbies beans thread. My favorite is to put the beans under a brisket. Pure love going into them beans.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, saw that. If you're not stirring, then I would think it would be fairly easy to lift it off the top when they're done. Could just put them back on a bit to brown up the top a bit. Assuming the fat on top would keep that from happening.

Yeah, saw that. If you're not stirring, then I would think it would be fairly easy to lift it off the top when they're done. Could just put them back on a bit to brown up the top a bit. Assuming the fat on top would keep that from happening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray, The trick is to set the WSM on just enough of a slope, that the majority of the excess drippings, runs off into the foil lined water pan below. I found that trick out, purely by accident. If your on a level surface, then one shim placed under a leg will do the trick.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Ray, The trick is to set the WSM on just enough of a slope, that the majority of the excess drippings, runs off into the foil lined water pan below. I found that trick out, purely by accident. If your on a level surface, then one shim placed under a leg will do the trick.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, have some "shim stock" laying about - we'll give that a shot.

Back