Painting

Matthew C

Hi, new poster. I've got a Performer on order and I'd like to paint it. I figure it will be easiest to do when it's brand new. It seems like a pretty straightforward proposition, but I'm curious if anyone has tips or comments to add.

I'm just planning to use some sand paper to lightly scuff the existing paint and then to add 2-3 layers of this paint.
http://rndperformance.com/i-128761-v...mel-gloss.html

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Well, you would be voiding your warranty on the lid and bowl, which have 10 years....that is if they ask for pics of the damage you are trying to warranty.

What color Performer did you order? Did you see the brick red they carry?

Also, I see the temp is up to 550 degrees? If you want to do pizzas or get high temp for searing steaks, you could be approaching that.

Maybe keep the new Performer a untouched and look in the local CL for a used Performer that may need some project work and try out the painting on that or even pick up a used 22.5 OTS/OTG that needs work.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the warranty. Glad I asked. I ordered a black one. Definitely don't want the red one- absolute wrong color.
icon_smile.gif
I've got a Smokey Joe and have no idea how old it is, so I could try it on that I guess. Thanks for the input.

Back