Platinum Side Table?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimT

TVWBB Pro
I pick up a used Platinum a while ago, and have used it about half a dozen times. I've noticed that the side table seems to be a real dirt magnet! Everything from food to charcoal dust seems to cling to it, and it's a real pain to clean.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to keep it clean (maybe wax or something?), or a good method to clean it when it does get dirty? I do know a wet paper towel just doesn't get the job done.

Thanks,

JimT

Best method I have found but it won't work for everybody. I have a set of old towels that are my "bbq rags." I take a wet rag out almost everytime I cook. At the end of each cook. I wipe down the top of the cooker which steam cleans the cooker and then I wipe down the table with the steamy rag. Works like a charm. Obviously, use gloves.
icon_smile.gif

I keep a rather large cutting board on the table to protect most of it. To clean I use soft scrub gel with bleach. Wipe it on, let it sit a few minutes till it starts to dry over and then wipe off with a clean damp rag. It works well of me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Purnell:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works on the table, bowl, pretty much all surfaces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What doesn't it work on ? Thanks for the idea, my performer table get's pretty bad right next to the grill.

I'm glad I'm not alone with the "dirty" table thing, and see that more often than not it does take more than a wet paper towel to clean it. When the weather warms up, I may try some sort of wax to see it it makes cleaning easier.

Thanks for the tips!

JimT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back