14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Model 711001

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Now that we have visual confirmation of the WSM 711001 14.5" cooker for 2014, I've added 14.5" WSM to the title of this forum.

Untitled-1_zps5027a8cd.jpg

14.5" WSM Schematic

Let the 14.5" WSM discussion begin!

• How much do you think it will cost?
  • What would you be willing to pay for a 14.5" WSM?
  • Do you think it will sell well, given that you can build your own Mini WSM?
  • Do you plan on buying one?
  • Is the 14.5" WSM a substitute for the 18.5" cooker, or a companion to it?
What do YOU think? I feel like we should be passing out cigars...a new baby WSM is born!

I think they will price it between $149-$199, but I tend to believe it will be closer to $199. Is it worth it, probably not, and I don't care, I will buy one. Or two. But I am a cooker collector. I have five bge's, and more webers than I am comfortable admitting. I have a 22" wsm that I love, but it doesn't travel well in my accord for cooking at work. This will.

I have the tamale pan, but I never got around to building a mini wsm. It seems this will be easier, at least for me. I know some people love to build, but I like walking into the store and buying my stuff, not parts to build my stuff. I do think this will sell really well, but I wonder if it hurts 18.5" sales. I could see people buying a big one, and a small one. Or weirdos like me buying two of each.

I will definitely buy at least one. I RV "camp" and this will be perfect. I made a mini and it's great but I want the real deal. I think you've seen enough posts from me to know I've been looking for this a LONG time. I think I'll have that cigar Chris is having.

Cost will probably be high at first but I guess that's the price I'll pay. I wonder how this will affect the market of the older 14" WSM 1880's?

I think this is a companion to the 18 and 22. They will each have their niche. This is for the guy like me who doesn't have a lot of room in the RV but wants to cook while camping. The 22 is for the big back yard full packer cook. This is for the traveler/tailgater/appt dweller or person who just wants a small cooker who, like Rita, may not have the tools or time to do the mini build.

Weber really does listen to their peeps. First the silicone grommet now the 14" WSM. Well played!

Last edited:
It looks like it will have the extra hole and silicone grommet too.
Their parts list is messed up though.
There are two #9's, one for the therm bezel, the other for a gray silicone grommet.
The handle is shown as #8, but listed as the thermometer.

$150 or less (ha ha), it's a no brainer for me.
$200 or more, then I think long and hard about it.

edit, #12 is the actual grommet.

Last edited:
Like Bob, I might go for it if it's under $150. But I'd probably sell my 18.5" WSM to pay for it. I've never filled the top grate and never even put the bottom grate in my 18.5"er...I'd love the space saving in my shed. Let the waiting game begin!

I will probably end up getting one, but will still need a SJ for those "just the two of us" BBQ's. I will have to see if engineering the WSM to grilling would work. Considering I have about $150 into my Mini WSM ($100 to powder coat pot), I would do that amount for the real deal, not much more though.

Since the 18.5" sells for $299, and the 22.5" for $399, I'm going to guess the 14.5" will go for $199. Seems like a nice progression in pricing.

$199. For the RV'er, this'll be ideal for up to four racks of ribs or up to 20 lbs of pork butts.

Weber should design accessories in mind for that segment, e.g., sturdy, odor-proof, hard-cased carriers, etc.

They'll sell but not one to me.

Back in 2006, I bought my 18.5" for $199, and it was one the greatest purchases I have ever made! If this baby sell for $199, I'll buy this one too! This is awesome news!!!!!!

I can see my wife already asking me why do we have another grill? I would be a player at $199 figuring that is where it will come in at. I would be elated if the price would be $149.

How long do you have to wait for something like this to be produced and distributed?
When the 22.5" WSM was introduced as a new 2009 model year product, it became available in the fall of 2008, October/November, if I remember correctly. I would suspect the same here. It will probably show up on Amazon in the next few weeks with a "coming soon" designation.

I like the fact that its got a tall lid, I wonder if I can just order the lid for my mini.
That's an interesting question. Weber is notoriously stingy about selling parts like this to enthusiasts like us. And since the WSM lid fits inside the middle section, not over it like the SJ lid fits over the bowl, I wonder if it would fit the SJ, anyway? I guess we'll find out once someone buys one.

Back